Terms and Conditions
All entrants to our competitions agree to the following:
of a competition winner is final and no correspondence
will be entered into.
2) The competition winner will receive publicity
as an AbleStable winner in the competition area
and elsewhere at AbleStable. Prizes are not transferable,
and in exceptional circumstances
may be altered
3) AbleStable retains the right to choose and
arrange work submitted, and to remove work from
the site at its sole discretion.
4) AbleStable retains the right to reject work
on the grounds of illegality, copyright infringement
and violating public taste and decency.
5) Although copyright remains with the contributor,
AbleStable reserves the right to free reproduction
of materials appearing at AbleStable.
6) Music must be offered as mpg, or another
music file acceptable to AbleStable.
7) Visual art must be offered as jpg or gif, or
another graphic file acceptable to AbleStable.
8) Multimedia, film, and video must be offered in
Flash, QuickTime, or another format acceptable to
9) Prose text files must be offered as a basic unformatted
text file: Notepad.
10) All work must be totally self contained and
require no server-side processing.
Entrants to the competition agree to their submitted
work being shown in our Exhibitions Area.
Publishing artistic work on the Internet is complex
legally, and AbleStable aims to ensure submissions
fall within the law (United Kingdom and/or International).
1) Users hereby grant AbleStable a non-exclusive
license to use the supplied material(s) ("the
Material") or parts thereof for dissemination
over the internet via AbleStable's online services
throughout the world for the full period of copyright.
2) AbleStable shall not be obliged to make
use of any Material and shall not be liable for
any loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation
3) Entries to competitions at AbleStable will
not be returned and shall become the property of
AbleStable. It is therefore advisable for all
contributors to retain a copy of their work.
4) Users of AbleStable hereby warrant that
any copyright material contained in the Material
shall be either 4a) or 4b):
4a) an original work of their own which they are
fully at liberty to use for all purposes of this
Agreement without the license or permission of any
other person or entities and without infringing
the copyright or any other rights whatsoever of
any other person or entities.
4b) an original work which they are fully at liberty
to use for all purposes of this Agreement by reason
of holding all necessary licenses or permissions
from all persons or entities contributing to the
Material by their visual artwork, multimedia authoring,
writing, composing, musical performance or otherwise,
and contributors warrant that they are authorised
by any such persons or entities to make the Material.
To the extent that contributors are not so authorised
Users shall clearly notify AbleStable in writing
and supply to AbleStable such information as
is available to them to enable the identity of the
person or entities contributing to the Material
to be ascertained. AbleStable may then obtain
further consent(s) from such person or entities
before considering the Material for use by AbleStable.
5) Users of AbleStable will indemnify and keep
AbleStable indemnified from and against all
and any claims, costs, damages, expenses, actions
suffered or incurred by AbleStable arising
out of any breach of the warranties hereby given.
6) Users permit AbleStable to edit or change
the Material in any way that AbleStable may
in its sole discretion consider necessary for the
purposes of use in AbleStable's on-line services.
7) Users of AbleStable, by supplying the Material
and entering into this Agreement, hereby irrevocably
and unconditionally waive in perpetuity any so called
"moral rights" in respect of the Material
and grant any consents required under the Copyright
Designs and Patents Act 1988 (UK).
8) Acceptance of these Legal Conditions is a condition
of entry of the Material, and receipt of Material
amounts to acceptance of the Legal Conditions.
9) Contributions are made at the User's own expense
and AbleStable shall not be liable to reimburse
any expenses incurred in making a contribution
10) Contributions must not contain defamatory or
11) Users of AbleStable must not and may not
enter into this Agreement if a contract exists
which precludes their work being published elsewhere
agreement which may exist between the contributor
and: a record label; publisher - print and/or electronic
- ; agent, or any other interested party who holds
rights to represent or publish the User's material).
12) All information, text, and electronic images
contained within the site www.ablestable.com are
the intellectual property of AbleStable and
may not be reproduced or used in any way (other
than for personal use) without permission. Note:
This condition is to protect contributor's work
from being copied elsewhere without the permission
of contributors or AbleStable, and does not
affect the contributor's primary copyright.